Former French President placed under official investigation
03/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Paris, France – Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy has been placed under official investigation amid allegations of financial wrongdoing. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Sarkozy is being investigated over accusations that he took donations from L’Oreal cosmetics fortune heiress Liliane Bettencourt illegally in connection with his 2007 election.
Preliminary charges accused Sarkozy of “abuse of someone in an impaired state.” Bettencourt, now 90, is reportedly the richest woman in France.
Antoine Gillot, an attorney for Bettencourt’s former butler, who was questioned in connection with the case along with Sarkozy this week, is quoted by the AP as stating of the investigation, “If Mr. Gentil placed Mr. Sarkozy under investigation this evening it’s because he had a reason to do so… It was a semi surprise … it means the judge has a certain number of facts.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Calif. Case Raises Issue of Employee Privacy in Yum! Brands Employment Lawsuit
- Fighting Fraud in the Fog
- NYPD sued by civil rights groups over Muslim spying programs
- Bad eyesight likely contributor in fiery Oklahoma train crash
- Girl with special needs kicked out of theater for “humming”
- Suspect in custody after New Jersey restaurant shooting
- Supreme Court votes to allow ‘pay-for-delay’ generic drug deal challenges
- Allen Iverson ex-wife claims he’s kidnapped their children
- Former NFL player released from prison
- California prison airborne fungus case being considered by judge