Former French President placed under official investigation
03/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Paris, France – Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy has been placed under official investigation amid allegations of financial wrongdoing. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Sarkozy is being investigated over accusations that he took donations from L’Oreal cosmetics fortune heiress Liliane Bettencourt illegally in connection with his 2007 election.
Preliminary charges accused Sarkozy of “abuse of someone in an impaired state.” Bettencourt, now 90, is reportedly the richest woman in France.
Antoine Gillot, an attorney for Bettencourt’s former butler, who was questioned in connection with the case along with Sarkozy this week, is quoted by the AP as stating of the investigation, “If Mr. Gentil placed Mr. Sarkozy under investigation this evening it’s because he had a reason to do so… It was a semi surprise … it means the judge has a certain number of facts.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- High school students arrested waiting for school bus
- Vin Diesel among stars who pay visit to car crash site of late actor Walker
- Lawsuit filed by ACLU against US bishops over ethics guidelines
- Federal appeals court upholds contempt judgment against anarchist
- Governor urges parents to use money for campaign, not Christmas toys
- New Hawaii gay marriage law takes effect, several couples get licenses
- NH medical technician sentenced to 39 years over hepatitis infections
- Mother on board crashed plane in Alaska leads searchers to crash site
- Former BP engineer to go to trial on obstruction charges
- Mother and daughter killed in Amish buggy accident