Former French President placed under official investigation
03/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Paris, France – Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy has been placed under official investigation amid allegations of financial wrongdoing. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Sarkozy is being investigated over accusations that he took donations from L’Oreal cosmetics fortune heiress Liliane Bettencourt illegally in connection with his 2007 election.
Preliminary charges accused Sarkozy of “abuse of someone in an impaired state.” Bettencourt, now 90, is reportedly the richest woman in France.
Antoine Gillot, an attorney for Bettencourt’s former butler, who was questioned in connection with the case along with Sarkozy this week, is quoted by the AP as stating of the investigation, “If Mr. Gentil placed Mr. Sarkozy under investigation this evening it’s because he had a reason to do so… It was a semi surprise … it means the judge has a certain number of facts.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Justin Bieber compares paparazzi accident to Princess Diana tragedy
- Shirt resembling concentration camp uniforms pulled from clothing line
- Painkiller overdose deaths may be decreased by medical marijuana laws
- Child accidently shoots instructor in head at shooting range
- Bill and Melinda Gates offer $1 million to gun control coalition
- Square introduces update that allows people to text money
- Netflix petitions against Comcast/Time Warner Cable merger
- Actor apologizes for arrest of son
- Study suggests weight loss more difficult for poor
- Navy nurse sent back to U.S. after refusing to force-feed hunger strikers