Former French President placed under official investigation
03/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Paris, France – Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy has been placed under official investigation amid allegations of financial wrongdoing. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Sarkozy is being investigated over accusations that he took donations from L’Oreal cosmetics fortune heiress Liliane Bettencourt illegally in connection with his 2007 election.
Preliminary charges accused Sarkozy of “abuse of someone in an impaired state.” Bettencourt, now 90, is reportedly the richest woman in France.
Antoine Gillot, an attorney for Bettencourt’s former butler, who was questioned in connection with the case along with Sarkozy this week, is quoted by the AP as stating of the investigation, “If Mr. Gentil placed Mr. Sarkozy under investigation this evening it’s because he had a reason to do so… It was a semi surprise … it means the judge has a certain number of facts.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Jodi Arias wins delay in penalty phase retrial
- Miley Cyrus concert gets banned over ‘morality’ issues
- Singer sued over concert ad artwork
- UPS Store affected by data breach
- “Mike Brown Law” Petition sent to White House
- Feds issue report saying Beyoncé and Jay Z Cuba trip legal
- Del Taco Gresham accused of prohibiting workers from getting pregnant
- Involuntary eye movements may be sign of ADHD
- ‘Real Housewives’ star doesn’t want cameras at sentencing hearing
- Julia Roberts, husband receive honor from LGBT group