Texas principal investigated for planting camera in locker room
07/05/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Fort Worth, TX – A Texas middle school principal is under investigation after allegedly planting a hidden camera in a locker room where her daughters attend high school. As reported by ABC News, Wendee Long, who is the principal of Wayside Middle School in Fort Worth, was arrested for purportedly placing the camera in a high school basketball team’s locker room after her daughters complained that their new coach yelled too much.
As noted in the report, prosecutors assert that Long’s 17-year-old daughter placed the camera in the locker room; however, she is not facing any charges related to the act. Long has been charged with improper photography and wiretapping.
Daniel Peugh, an attorney for Long, is quoted in the report as writing in a statement regarding the charges, “She has not violated any law…We do not believe anything has taken place that should involve the justice system.”
A video was anonymously sent to the superintendent and board members, which led to the investigation into Long’s conduct. She has been released on a $25,000 bond.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Newtown schools to receive $1.3 million from Education Department
- Businessman held for $3 million ransom, tortured for a month
- Hobby Lobby seeks birth control exemption from health law
- Texts, photos released of Trayvon Martin
- Parade float driver thought train was stationary prior to crash
- Texas closer to requiring drug tests for applicants for unemployment benefits
- Jury deadlocked in Jodi Arias case over death penalty
- Illinois attorney sues defense attorney for distributing photos
- Before False Claims Act Liability for Fraud: How Medicare Is Supposed to Work
- Florida teenager facing criminal charges over same-sex relationship