Texas 18 wheeler collision kills 1! Texas 18 Wheeler Collision Lawyer Amy K. Witherite
Dallas, TX (JusticeNewsFlash.com)—An early Thursday morning 18-wheeler wreck left one dead on Highway 174. News Channel 25 reported a four-door pickup truck collided with an oncoming semi truck when the driver of the pickup drifted into the semi truck’s path.
According to Hill County Sheriff’s Office, the fatal 18 wheeler collision occurred on Highway 174, near the intersection of HCR 1106 west of Blum. The big rig carrying a load of gravel was traveling eastbound on Hwy 174, when the pickup truck, traveling westbound drifted into the eastbound lanes, causing a fiery wreck. Reports indicate the impact was so severe the collision knocked the motor out of the pickup, which sent the truck into a skid and caught fire. The tractor-trailer flipped over, spilling its load of washed rock.
The Blum Volunteer Fire Department and Lake Whitney emergency medical services (EMS) were the first to respond to the fatal 18 wheeler collision. The driver of the semi truck identified as Kenneth Cooper, of Keene, was severely injured and airlifted by LifeStar air ambulance to the Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth. The Justice of Peace Martis Ward, of Whitney, pronounced the pickup driver, who is believed to be a 22-year-old Morgan resident, dead on the scene of the truck accident. An autopsy was ordered at the Southwest Institute of Forensic Sciences to verify the victim died on impact. Police investigators are awaiting the forensic test results to make a positive identification of the victim. Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ is investigating the fatal wreck.
Media Contact: Texas 18 Wheeler Collision Lawyer Amy K. Witherite
Practice areas: 18 Wheeler Collision Cases
Amy Witherite. Eberstein & Witherite, LLP. 3100 Monticello Avenue, Suite 500. Dallas, TX 75205 – Toll Free: (888) 407-6669
Other News / Press Releases
- 18-wheeler crashed into 2 Mississippi school buses; 3 dead, 17 injured
- 18-wheeler crashed on 101 Freeway, hit minivan; Driver arrested for DUI
- $62.7M Settlement Reached in Fatal 18-Wheeler Accident on Oklahoma Turnpike
- Butler County Ohio SUV accident: Driver killed after SUV smashes into 18-wheeler
- Minneapolis MN semi truck crash: Beer-hauling semi T-boned SUV; 3 dead
- Hardin County IL 18-wheeler accident: 1 killed in passenger truck vs. semi crash
- Richfield UT semi truck wreck: 18-wheeler slams into Sevier County home
- Ionia County Michigan 18-Wheeler Accident: Man killed in 2-semi, van crash
- Noblesville IN 18-wheeler accident: Motorist killed in big rig vs. car crash
- Lombard IL 18-wheeler accident: Pedestrian pinned under van after collision