Woman left paralyzed from infection caused by makeup brush

04/07/2015 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)

Australia – A borrowed makeup brush led to an Australian woman becoming partially paralyzed. According to a CBS News report, the woman, Jo Gilchrist, was diagnosed with an infection caused by a drug-resistant strain of staph called MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) after she began experiencing back pain and body numbness and forced to undergo emergency surgery. She had borrowed the makeup brush of a friend prior.

Gilchrist told the Daily Mail Australia “The only thing we can put it down to is the makeup brush… My friend did have a staph infection on her face and I was using her brush just before. I had no idea that could even happen, I used to share with my friends all the time.”

Gilchrist, 27, has been undergoing treatment and therapy to help improve her condition. The infection caused damage to her spine.

Health officials caution that MRSA can be spread by personal items that have come into contact with infected skin. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated third of the population carries staph bacteria.

Gilchrist further stated to the news source of her prognosis, “Two weeks ago they said I might be able to walk for an hour or two a day — like grocery shopping, washing up and hanging the washing out… I’m happy with that. I honestly didn’t even expect that.”

Justice News Flash delivers the latest in World News. /

Media Information:

Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Phone: 866-598-1315
Url: http://justicenews.visionsmartnews.com/woman-left-paralyzed-from-infection-caused-by-makeup-brush_13101.html