Sickened Iowa Woman Sues After Eating Tainted Jimmy John’s Sprouts

02/22/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley

Des Moines, IA — An Iowa woman has sued Jimmy John’s after she became ill from eating sprouts from the sandwich chain, accusing them of serving unsafe food. The lawsuit was filed Tuesday, February 20, 2012, in Des Moines, reported Boston.com.

Heather Tuttle is seeking damages for pain and suffering after she become sick with an E. coli infection. Tuttle ate a Jimmy John’s turkey sandwich last month at a West Des Moines location.

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) warned consumers of the outbreak, which infected 12 people in five states. Tuttle is one of the 12 infected people.

The FDA’s investigation has showed that eating raw clover sprouts at Jimmy John’s restaurants is the likely cause of the outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli serogroup O26 (STEC O26), as previously reported in “E coli. Outbreak Linked to Raw Clover Sprouts at Jimmy John’s Restaurants.”

Two people have been hospitalized as a result of the outbreak of STEC O26. No deaths have been reported.

Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Iowa personal injury lawyers.

Media Information:

Address:
Phone: 561-247-1646
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News