10 Thursday morning reading-big picture
train WFH wrote:
• No, the actual inflation rate is not 15%: Jordan Peterson and Jack Dorsey peddled false theories about inflation. (Full stack economics) You can also take a look One month of inflation will not cause a crisis Don’t give up the best economic opportunity in 20 years because of panic and austerity (Week)
• What is cold and hot?Wind and solar investment, the distributor said Seeing huge future profits, institutions are working hard to invest in these two renewable energy sources. (Chief Investment Officer)
• The Untold Story of Von Dach Behind the brand that made trucker hats hot in the early 2000s is a messy corporate origin story, full of destruction and greed. (New York Times)
• The Fed has more options than 0% interest rate or recession If there is no middle ground in the policies of the world’s most powerful central bank, it will be a terrible situation. (Bloomberg)
• The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s crackdown on DeFi is imminent Gary Gensler is here for DeFi, don’t blame the chicken for giving you a fair warning. (Fort Doom)
• What supply chain crisis?America’s largest retailer is doing well Despite the chaotic supply chain and rising prices, Americans still spend money before the holidays. (CNN) You can also take a look Uneasy about the economy, Americans are spending money anyway Retail sales increased by 1.7% in October, which is the third month of growth. This growth highlights the resilience of the US economy. (New York Times)
• Is that kosher? Rabbi debates plant-based “pork” Fake cheeseburgers are one thing, but “impossible pork” is too much for an authority (Wall Street Journal)
• The big question about Covid-19 booster injection From why to whom, we still need a lot of answers about booster lenses. (sound)
• How Britney Spears was free and what happens next Spears fought for years to end her supervision, and finally won. But the legal battle is not over yet. (New Yorker)
• The strange history of the worst sentences in English literature If you want to start a novel, your choice of opening remarks is on the infinite side. But if you want to write a novel badly, any cartoon beagle will tell you that there is only one choice: “A dark and windy night. “(Dental floss)
Be sure to check our Master of Business This week with Edwin Conway, Global Director BlackRock Alternative Investor (BAI), its total assets exceed 300 billion U.S. dollars. BlackRock’s global alternative businesses, including real estate, infrastructure, hedge funds, private equity and credit, are one of the fastest growing parts of the investment giant.
The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index hit 66 all-time highs this year, making 2021 the second highest ever. Only in 1995 there were more.