Decentralized cloud Akash offers up to $100,000 in new developer grants
Akash Decentralized cloud network, Today announced the launch of the Akash Developer Funding Program, which is a community-driven source of funding to provide support for promising developers and teams.
The purpose of the plan is to expand the Akash developer community, encourage collaboration, and produce open source projects to further adopt and use Akash Network’s decentralized cloud.
Inspired by programs such as AWS Activate and Y Combinator, the program provides funding, guidance, support, and marketing to developers, including:
- Grant: Developers can apply for grants ranging from US$100 to US$100,000 paid by AKT.
- operating hours: Office hours from the Akash community and core development team to provide guidance and best practices when they build and test.
- Cooperation: Each funded project will be open source, and will have its own channel on Discord to communicate with the Akash community.
- Supported by Akash: Promising projects will be displayed on forums and websites to increase attention.
- Demo day: Top developers will showcase their projects to investors, consultants and other developers in the Akash community through blogs and Akash brand live broadcasts.
Eligibility for funding
All software developers and engineers with a GitHub account are eligible.
What can I do with $AKT tokens?
Holders can use the grants for infrastructure services provided on the Akash network:
- Deploy container-based applications on managed Kubernetes.
- Host your website on the Akash open source cloud hosting platform.
- Build a web application or API backend on a powerful infrastructure.
- Apply up to $100,000 from the community pool.
- As a provider, users can safely rent out their data centers.
How can I get help from Akash?
- The community’s guides and tutorials are usable Help start deployment on Akash
- Technical support For all developers, no matter how much AKT is spent, pledged or owned, it is free. Technical support can be obtained here.
- Have questions about Akash?Join the discussion about Akash activity Community forum.
Explore the hierarchy
The award levels of the Developer Funding Program range from $100 to $100,000. The amount of funds received depends on the milestones achieved and the level of funds unlocked.
Four reward levels have been established to support all types of large and small projects:
- $100 start-up grant: The purpose of this funding is to support a large number of developers to run their first application on Akash. If developers send these tokens to the exchange, they will not be eligible for future funding and the next level of funding.
- $1,000 seed fund: Seed funds require developers to create detailed proposals for their projects and share them with the community to solicit public comments and questions. Developers should open source their projects for the community, publish detailed guidelines, and answer community questions.
- $10,000 incubator grant: Incubator grants will only be awarded when the developer makes progress to reach the milestone in its proposal. Developers may be asked to show their projects in a recorded live stream and answer real-time questions from the community.
- $100,000 accelerator grant: Accelerator Grants are only awarded to developers who consistently reach milestones, demonstrate improvements, and are willing to remain open source and work with the Akash community.
All grants are paid to the developer’s Akash account address in $AKT. To prevent fraudulent activity, the account is linked to developer accounts on Discourse, GitHub, and Discord.
The award is a non-dilutive donation, and Akash’s finance and community will not obtain project equity through these donations. The grant must be used to deploy and run the application on the Akash network.
The milestones for each project will be determined as part of the grant application. A milestone is a goal, such as the development of a feature, the release of a work test version, and the completion of the work.
A typical project should have 3-4 milestones and be completed within 2-4 months. Projects that have completed the milestones will be shown to investors, consultants and developers in the community on the demo day.
What types of projects will be funded?
The Akash team is committed to transparent and clear processes and hopes to set expectations for the types of projects that will be considered for funding.
Projects applying for developer program funding need to outline how their projects will contribute to and add value to the Akash ecosystem.
Here are some examples of projects that the Akash team hopes to submit:
- Akash’s developer tools, including SDK and API.
- Open source developer tools (Homebrew).
- Creator platform (CMS, podcast, blog, forum, GitLab).
- Decentralized network services (Handshake, DNS, OpenRegistry).
- Backend as a service (Hasura on Akash).
- Platform as a service (Heroku on Akash).
- Open source communication (chat, email).
- Desktop deployment interface.
- Managed deployment interface integrated with wallet.
- App Store interface (OpenChannel on Akash).
- Persistent storage integration (Sia, Skynet, Filebase, Arweave, Filecoin, Storj, Coldstack).
How is the project accepted?
Proposal will be reviewed by Akash Community Rewards Board (CAB). Every month, CAB will meet to review the proposals submitted by developers, and make proposals on the chain for the community to vote.
All meetings will be recorded, and meeting minutes will be publicly shared with the community. CAB is open to Akash customers, validators, providers, investors, consultants, employees, and former employees. If you are interested in nominating someone, please post it publicly on the funding application in the community forum.
As a member of this committee, you need to actively participate in the review of developer applications and participate in the decision-making and proposal writing process. Initially, voting requires attendance.
The core goal of the Developer Funding Program is to attract talented developers. If you are interested in inviting developers to join the Akash Developer Program, Create invitation And share it. Every month, the community member with the highest invitation success rate will receive a reward of US$100 or US$1,000.
Incubators, accelerators and venture capital
Akash will work with other startup funds to provide free hosting on Akash.If venture capital companies, accelerators, incubators or other organizations that support startups are interested in providing Akash developer funding to startups, please contact Partner @akash.network.
How will this be funded?
In order to rapidly expand the program, the initial grant will be awarded by the Akash Ministry of Finance.
Akash is currently funding developers through five projects Coding challengeIn the past 3 months, the Akash Treasury Department has awarded more than $7,000 of AKT to more than 80 developers.Seven developers Winner of Solana Hackathon, As part of the Sovrython hackathon, 37 developers Received 100 USD AKT.
CAB will propose more than $1,000 in grants to take advantage of community funds. CAB will work with developers to create proposals to fund projects and encourage community voting.
Currently, the community pool exceeds 1 million tokens (1,008,789 USD AKT). CAB may recommend granting these grants directly to developers to reduce complexity, or recommend granting grants to multi-signature wallets managed by community members.
How to apply for developer funding
Follow the 10 steps listed above forum Install Akash, create an account, and propose a project.
Akash Network is a decentralized open source cloud that can accelerate deployment, expansion, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness for high-growth industries such as blockchain and machine learning/artificial intelligence.