England star Fabian Delph was wrongly named the Everton player who was suspended on suspicion of child sex crimes last night.
Tens of thousands of social media users shared false information, claiming that the 31-year-old Delf was arrested after the raid.
Premier League clubs have Suspended one of their players Awaiting police investigation, but his name has not yet been revealed.
A source in Everton said last night: “Fabian is very unfortunate.
“He is completely innocent. The club decided not to reveal the name of another player, which directly led to the spread of rumors on unregulated websites and social media.”
Greater Manchester Police said a 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of child sex crimes last week.
Detectives from the Major Incident Team raided his house and took the equipment.
Due to legal reasons, this player cannot be named-even though he has been confirmed on his home country and global news websites.
It is understood that he strongly denies the accusations against him, but has been deprived of the endorsement agreement.
After Everton revealed that they had suspended a first-team player awaiting police investigations, the false accusations against Delph began.
A statement on the official website added: “The club will continue to support the authorities’ investigation.”
The Everton source continued: “The news about the arrest caused shock in the club.
“His teammates don’t know.
“The investigation is led by expert officials who received the complaint a few weeks ago.
“This news stunned everyone in the club.
“They are determined to ensure that everything is properly investigated and spare no effort.
“The club told all the players what happened yesterday.
“The players were completely shocked.
“The arrested player is a very popular member of the team, so no one believes it.
“The players just hope this is a misunderstanding or confusion or something.”
The Goodison Park star was arrested last Friday and was interviewed for several hours before being released on bail.
The alleged crime was described as “very serious”.
Everton will fly to the United States on July 26 to participate in the Florida Cup against Colombian team Milona Rios.
Former Liverpool coach Rafa Benitez is now in charge of the team after succeeding Ancelotti.
Greater Manchester Police stated: “Police arrested a 31-year-old man in the Trafford area on Friday, July 16, 2021, on suspicion of child sex crime. He is on police bail pending further investigation.”