The family fondly remembers that grandmother was killed in the weekend fire
Spring Valley, California – Grandmother Killed in a weekend fire in a mobile home park She is remembered by her family for her lively personality and generosity to others.
Before 10pm on Saturday night, there was a fire in the Sweetwater Lodge mobile home park in Spring Valley. The family confirmed that 67-year-old Victoria Mejia was the victim. Her 14-year-old grandson survived the fire and was taken to a local hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.
Meija’s granddaughter Regina Mejia said her grandmother was “the life of a party.”
“We always have a good time with her,” Regina said. “She lit up a room.”
She said her 14-year-old cousin was visiting their grandmother Victoria while receiving lifeguard training. Regina said that the mobile home is the second home in Victoria and she bought it to be closer to her family.
The current house was completely destroyed along with priceless family photos.
“This is one of the most difficult things I think is for all of us, because even now, we only have her left,” she said.
She described her grandmother as a diligent, funny and generous person, which she missed very much.
“You can’t tell her that you like something or think that what she has is beautiful, because she has given it to you before you know it,” Regina said.
Family members were told that the fire might be caused by candles lit at home, but fire officials are still investigating. The family gathered in Tijuana, together with Victoria’s husband in their other home.
At the same time, the family is raising funds to clean up the mobile home, which may require up to $50,000.
Regina said: “She is a well-prepared person, so although all the funerals and memorial services and other things like that have been dealt with financially, we are not prepared.
GoFundMe events for families are available Here.