Live broadcast of Olympic football matches, TV channels, kick-off times and team news
TEAM GB’s women’s football team is competing for a medal in Tokyo. They will face the Chilean women’s football team in the first group match.
Participating in this event for the first time since 2012, this team of 18 women has a wealth of international experience and is expected to go further in the game.
The Dream Team is back! Register now for the 21/22 season and you have a chance to win £100,000
They are in Group E with Chile, host Japan and Canada.
When is the GB women’s team against the Chilean women’s team?
- The first group match will be held on Wednesday, July 21st.
- Kickoff time is 8.30 am British Summer Time.
- There are three women’s teams drawn from EG.
- This is to avoid confusion with the men’s draw, which is marked with AD.
Which TV channel and live broadcast can I watch?
There are many ways to watch the game in the UK-it will be shown on free TV.
You can watch the game live on BBC Two and Eurosport 1.
The report will also be broadcast on BBC iPlayer, Eurosport Player and Discovery+.
What is the team news?
The British team has many high-profile stars. Karen Budsley, Stephen Horton, Jill Scott and Alan White have all represented the team in the 2012 London Olympics.
Lauren Hemp is the youngest member, only 20 years old, and Sandy MacIver, Lotte Wubben-Moy, Niamh Charles and Ella Toone are all on the reserve list.
Lucy Bronze, FIFA Female Football Player of the Year, is also on the team.
GB Women’s Team Schedule
- The British team against the Chilean women’s team, Wednesday, July 21-8:30 AM BST
- Japanese Women vs. GB, Saturday, July 24th-11.30am BST
- Canadian Women’s Team vs. GB Team, Tuesday, July 27-noon British Summer Time