Enjoy a healthier and more delicious flavor on your favorite comfort food with this cauliflower cream macaroni and cheese recipe. This dish is made with all your favorite flavors and fresh broccoli, which will make you feel satisfied and nutritious.
Cauliflower Butter Macaroni and Cheese-8 servings
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 large onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 large heads of cauliflower
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• ½ to 1 cup of any type of milk
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 (one) 12 ounces. A box of knuckles or rotini pasta (whole-wheat or fiber-added spaghetti is recommended)
• 1 ¼ cup of any cheese, such as cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
At the same time, make the cauliflower cream: add oil to a pan and sauté the onions and garlic. At the same time, add the cauliflower and broth to the pot and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until tender (don’t drain). Add cauliflower, 1 cup cooking liquid, onion garlic mixture, mustard, milk, salt and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth.
Put the cooked pasta and cream in the baking dish. Mix, then put cheese on top.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dish is bubbling.
Nutritional information (per 1 cup):
Saturated fat: 1g
Browse the entire library of healthy recipes