2021 Emmy Awards nominations: East Town Mare won 16 awards
Stick to your Wawa hoagies! “East Side Mare” may shine at the 73rd Emmy Awards.
HBO whodunit full of references in Delaware and Chester counties starring Kate Winslet, playing the e-cigarette detective Mare Sheehan arrested 16 Emmy nominations Tuesday, including excellent limited or anthology series. The shows that challenge the award are “Queen’s Beginning” (Netflix), “Underground Railroad” (Amazon Prime), “Wanda Vision” (Disney Plus) and “I May Destroy You” (HBO).
Winslet, who I want to “throw things” while mastering the Delco accent For the protagonist of the show, the outstanding female protagonist in a limited series or movie. The British actress last won an Emmy Award in 2011 because of her work on HBO’s “Mildred Pierce”.
Evan Peters He was nominated for an outstanding supporting actor for his outstanding performance in a limited series. Colin Zabel, A county detective, he was called to help Mare solve a murder case that shocked the Dongzhen community. Jean Smart and Julianne Nicholson were nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress for playing Mare’s mother Helen Fahey and best friend Lori Ross, respectively.
The creator of the show, Brad Ingelsby, is a native of Chester County and was nominated for outstanding writing in a limited or anthology series or film. in May, Inglesby told the Voice of Philadelphia The inspiration for the show came from his wish to write down his desire to grow up in Berwin.
“I really want to tell a story about home,” he said, “I want to share with the audience the rhythm of life in a specific area of ??this country.”
“East City Mare” debuted in mid-April, but parts of the show were filmed before the 2019 COVID-19 pandemic. Subject to the restrictions of the Pennsylvania Health and Safety Agreement, the cast and crew completed the production in 2020, Filming locations In Coatesville, Chadds Ford, Phoenixville, Wallingford, Springfield and several Philadelphia communities.
In order to capture the essence of Delaware County in the costumes of the characters, Inglesby and director Craig Zobel suggest Costume designer Meghan Kasperlik Spend time Watch the crowd at Wawa check-out lineIt seems that this move has paid off in the form of an outstanding contemporary costume nomination.
Kasperlik told PhillyVoice in May: “In fact, we showed that a real community has real difficulties, and that appeared in the post-pandemic period, it just showed the audience real people.” The show is different, I think everyone is related to people who go out wearing sports pants. The beauty of the houses and people in the show-very real. This resonated. Who knew that the pandemic style would be Dongzhen? “
The following is a list of all the awards nominated for the show:
• Outstanding limited edition or anthology series
• Outstanding actress in a limited series or movie (Kate Winslet)
• Outstanding supporting role in a limited series or movie (Evan Peters)
• Outstanding supporting actresses in limited series or movies (Julian Nicholson, Jean Smart)
• Outstanding contemporary narrative program production design [one hour or more]
• Excellent cast of limited series or anthologies or movies
• Excellent photography of limited series or anthology series or movies
• Outstanding contemporary clothing
• Outstanding director of a limited or anthology series or film
• Provide excellent single-camera photo editing for limited or anthology series or movies
• Outstanding modern hairstyle
• Outstanding modern makeup [non-prosthetic]
• Provide excellent mixing effects for limited series or anthology series or movies
• Outstanding works created for limited series or anthology series or movies
The 73rd Emmy Awards ceremony will be held on September 19 and will be broadcast on CBS. According to reports, “The Crown” (Netflix) and “The Mandalorian” (Disney Plus) tied for the most nominations, each with 24 nominations. Associated Press.