Morning Reading on Wednesday, June 16
Every working day, we select a short list of news articles, comments, and other noteworthy links related to the Supreme Court.To recommend a work for us to consider, please email us[email protected].
This is the reading on Wednesday morning:
- I have urged the Supreme Court judges to stay-but never retire. Until now. (Ruth Marcus, Washington Post)
- Justice Stephen Breyer has not publicly stated that he is ready to withdraw (Joan Biskupik, CNN)
- The Supreme Court must resolve the issue of selective abortion (Alexandra De Sanctis, National Review)
- A few years after graduating from high school, the bathroom battle started by transgender teenagers returned to the Supreme Court (John Fritz, “USA Today”)
- Advocates of drug reform say that the Supreme Court’s decision on severe penalties is a “shocking loss” (John Shupe, NBC News)