The video shows that the black man in sha-cuffs was ordered face down in the fatal arrest in Louisiana

New Orleans-
Warning: some viewers may find the details of this story disturbing

According to the latest body camera video obtained by the Associated Press, a black driver, Ronald Greene, was beaten and handcuffed among a soldier in Louisiana. He desperately tried to turn over and had difficulty breathing, but was ordered. Stay on his stomach.

This long-term confidential autopsy report has also been newly confirmed. He mentioned that Green’s head injury and the way he restrained himself were factors in his death in 2019. It also pointed out that his system is high in cocaine and alcohol, sternum fractures and aortic tears.

“I defeated the living f — him lived in him, him lived in him, and everything else tried to control him.” In the latest batch of recorded videos, someone heard police officer Chris Hollingsworth tell his colleagues. “Suddenly, he just went limp. …I thought he was dead.”

“Have you all got it on the bodycam?” Another police officer was talking on the phone, and Hollingsworth turned off the camera.

The video and the autopsy report add more and more details about the cause of Green’s death, which has long been surrounded by cover-up accusations and has now become the subject of federal civil rights investigations. The Louisiana State Police initially attributed the death to a car accident and did not mention the use of force by police officers.

On Friday, after two years of refusing to explain Green’s death and increasing public pressure, the state police released all body videos related to Green’s arrest despite ongoing investigations. Governor John Bel Edwards said he “strongly supported” the release, calling the video “annoying and difficult to watch.”

But the Associated Press has obtained these materials, and this week also released a previously unpublished body camera video showing soldiers converging in a car in Greene, Monroe, Louisiana after a high-speed chase, repeatedly shocking them with stun guns. A 49-year-old unarmed man placed him in a place of suffocation, slammed him on the head, and dragged him with ankle shackles.

Military experts said that the most dangerous and troublesome part of the arrest was after the struggle, when the police officer placed Green’s heavy face down on the ground for more than nine minutes with his hands tightly.

In a new 30-minute video, Green can be seen struggling to stand up.

“You won’t hand it in! Lie on your belly! Lie on your belly!” Cavalry Cory York yelled, and then temporarily dragged Green with the chain attached to the ankle cuffs.

York then knelt on Green’s back and told him again: “It’s better to lie on your f —— belly like I told you! Do you understand?”

“Yes, sir.” Green replied.

“The soldier’s fault, what he did was too much,” said Charles Key, a former Baltimore police lieutenant, an expert in the use of force. “This was a mistake because he couldn’t breathe. You will see Greene raise his legs. This may be because he can’t breathe.”

It is strongly recommended that the police do not put the handcuffed suspect in a prone position, especially when they do not resist, because this will greatly hinder their breathing-this spring, a former Minneapolis official was in a trial Zhong was repeatedly convicted of murder. George Floyd.

The state police chief, Colonel Lamar Davis, who was not in charge after Green’s death, will not comment on the actions of the suspected soldiers or whether they should be prosecuted. But he said that he had talked with Green’s family and expressed his condolences to him: “I can feel their pain and can feel it in my heart.”

Davis said: “Persons under these investigations will get the proper procedures.” “You have my promise. We will follow the facts and hold our personnel accountable.”

Although Green’s autopsy listed his cause of death as “cocaine-induced delusion accompanied by car collisions, physical struggles, head injuries and restraints,” it did not specify the method of death-it was a very unusual move, and Did not make it a reality. It is clear whether Green’s death can be considered a homicide, accidental or undecided.

Pathologists Jennifer Forsyth and Frank J. Paretti of the Arkansas Crime Laboratory conducted an autopsy on the United Diocese Coroner’s Office in May 2019 and found Green The amount of cocaine in the system is “significant”-1,700 ng per milliliter-and the blood contains cocaine. The alcohol content is 0.106, slightly higher than 0.08, which is equivalent to driving under the influence in Louisiana.

They said it was “unsure to say” whether many of Green’s injuries-including sternum or sternum fractures, aortic tears-were attributed to a car accident or a struggle with soldiers.

They wrote: “There is a laceration on the head, which is inconsistent with the injury of a motor vehicle collision.” “These injuries are most consistent with multiple impact parts of a blunt weapon.”

In the latest video, Greene’s feet are tied, his hands are handcuffed behind his back, and he is lying prone on the ground. You can see two soldiers hovering over him, and then he burst into tears. One of the police officers told him: “Yes, it hurts, isn’t it?”

“Okay! Oh, Lord Jesus. My God!” Green yelled. “Okay, good. God! Okay, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

It is not clear from the video what the police officer is describing, but several law enforcement officers reviewed the video and pointed out that this may be the moment when one of them sprayed Greene with pepper spray. Previously undisclosed documents on the use of force show that pepper spray was used in the arrest.

Kay said: “If they sprayed him with pepper, it would be too much.” “There must be some threats. He was handcuffed.”

A few minutes after Greene’s eruption, he started moaning and making a hoarse voice as the two soldiers kept pushing him down.

According to three law enforcement officials, the new videotape was recorded on the body camera of Lieutenant Colonel John Clary and was kept for several months even inside the state police, but was recently handed over to the FBI as part of the investigation. They do not have the right to discuss the investigation and speak anonymously.

Once, after receiving medical help, a paramedic was heard saying: “He didn’t get enough air” and seemed to set his blood oxygen level at 86, which Key described as extremely low. However, no one seemed to give Green oxygen.

Louisiana officials rejected repeated calls over the past two years for the release of video tapes and detailed information about the cause of the chase that began with an unspecified traffic violation. The troops initially told his family that he died from the impact after falling into a tree. The state police then issued a brief statement, acknowledging that Green fought with troops and died on the way to the hospital.

This confidentiality extended to the autopsy, which the pathologist said was hindered by the state police’s failure to provide the most routine documents related to Green’s arrest, including police reports, conflict details, or emergency medical records.

Former Boca Raton Police Chief Andrew Scott (Andrew Scott) testified for the expert’s use of force. He said that Greene’s case is an example of “the stone wall is the Achilles’ heel of law enforcement.”

Scott said: “I can even guess that the only reason the information will not be provided to the medical examiner’s office is that they don’t want them to see the information.” Expose.”


Associated Press writer Melinda Deslatte contributed to this report in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Source link