Boca Raton, FL, USA, 10/20/2017 /SubmitPressRelease123/
Boca car accident lawyer, Joe Osborne, recently shared advice about what drivers should and shouldn’t do when they have been involved in a car accident.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
1. DO seek medical attention. If there are serious injuries, to you or a passenger, call 911 immediately. Don’t be afraid to allow an ambulance to take you to the hospital. If you do not have serious injuries that require immediate attention, you should still see your doctor as soon as possible.
2. DO contact the police. Even when a car accident isn’t serious, you should still call the police, wait until they arrive, and get a police report. Otherwise, if a claim is filed, it will be your word against the other driver’s.
3. DO gather evidence at the scene. If you are not seriously injured, take photographs of the accident scene and the damage to your vehicle immediately. Document the names, contact information, and statements of anyone who saw the accident.
4. DO report the accident to your insurance company. You are required to let your insurance company know when you are in a car accident. However, you are not required to go over every minute detail. Give them only the facts about the accident. The more information that you provide the insurance company, the more chances there are for the insurer to deny or decrease your claim.
5. DO hire a personal injury attorney. The insurance company will likely tell you that an attorney is not necessary, that you and the insurer can handle the claim. In reality, when individuals try to handle it on their own, they don’t receive as much compensation as they do when they hire a car accident attorney.
What Shouldn’t You Do After a Car Accident?
1. Don’t let the other car drive away. Not everyone is honest, so you need to make sure that the other driver is there when the police arrive so you know that they are providing accurate information.
2. Don’t assume that your injuries are minor. You may not feel the complete extent of your injuries for days or even weeks after the accident, so don’t downplay them or be afraid to seek medical attention.
3. Don’t accept a quick settlement from an insurance company. It takes longer than a couple of days or weeks to fully understand the scope of your injuries. If you accept a quick settlement from the insurance company, you will not be able to collect further compensation should your injuries cause you more medical expenses.
Contact a Boca Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been in a car accident, contact attorney Joe Osborne today at (561) 293-2600.
Social Media Tags:Florida Car Accident Lawyer, Dos Donts Following Car Accident, Car Accident Dos and Donts, Florida Car Accident
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com
Like Us on Facebook