Dallas Truck Wreck Attorney Weighs In On High Truck Crash Rates In Dallas
Dallas, 05/31/2017 /SubmitPressRelease123/
The Dallas-Fort Worth area is the fourth most populated metro region in the country and Dallas’ population is the ninth largest in the United States.
If you are familiar with the area at all, you know this means the highways can be quite a zoo to navigate. With such a large population in a small area, traffic is bound to stack up, and this includes semis. Because of this, Dallas sees a high number of truck crashes every year.
According to research from the Texas Department of Transportation, Dallas ranks second in the state for the number of semi-truck accidents.
Stats on Dallas Truck Crashes
Here are some stats from 2015 to put the numbers in perspective:
- There were a total of 660 truck accidents in Dallas in 2015.
- There were 27 fatal truck crashes in Dallas, which claimed the lives of 31 people.
- 1,061 people were injured in truck crashes in Dallas in 2015.
What Causes Semi Accidents?
We all want to know what we can do to avoid a wreck and a wreck with a semi is no different. But, what causes these wrecks? The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has created a list of the six most common types of tractor-trailer accidents.
- Speeding – Excessive speed is the #1 leading cause of semi-truck accidents. Trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, and they take much longer to stop than regular vehicles. When truck drivers break the speed limit, they put everyone in danger.
- Following too closely – Due to the high speeds and heavy cargo semi-trucks carry, trucks that tailgate risk causing a devastating crash.
- Drunk or drugged driving – Obviously, alcohol is always dangerous behind the wheel. Unfortunately, some truckers choose to consume alcohol or drugs while on the job. Even an over-the-counter drug or prescription medication can be deadly behind the wheel of a semi if it causes the truck operator to become impaired.
- Improper lane changes – This one’s important. Trucks have huge blind spots. It’s very important for truck operators to use extreme caution when switching lanes. If they move over when a car is beside them, they can push the car into oncoming traffic, into a concrete line divider, or even off the road.
- Drowsy driving – Driving when you’re tired is just as dangerous as driving intoxicated, according to researchers. Because truckers spend long hours on the road and often drive through the night, they are especially vulnerable to the dangers of driving while tired.
- Reckless maneuvers – Reckless driving can also be distracted driving. In recent years, the number of serious vehicle accidents caused by driver distractions has jumped considerably. Although federal regulations prohibit truck operators from using cell phones behind the wheel, it only takes one trucker breaking the rules to cause a major accident.
Have You Been Hurt in a Dallas Trucking Accident?
Dallas Trial Lawyer and a leading Texas truck accident attorney Amy Witherite states:
“If you’ve been injured in a truck accident in Dallas, you have important rights. Speak to an experienced Texas truck crash lawyer right away. These are complicated cases. Don’t leave your case to chance. Contact a law firm that is dedicated to helping victims of Texas truck accidents.”
Eberstein Witherite, LLP
Email: [email protected]
Social Media Tags:Dallas Truck Wreck, Dallas Truck Wreck Attorney, Dallas Trucking Accident, Texas truck accident Attorney Amy Witherite, Truck Crash Rates in Dallas, What Causes Semi Accidents
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com
Like Us on Facebook