Four Burned in ‘Dust Explosion’ at Edmond Business

01/13/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley

Edmond, OK — An explosion at an Edmond business Thursday morning, January 12, 2012, injured four people after dust came into contact with a flame inside a space heater, creating a “dust explosion.” The blast occurred at Tuboscope, located in the 3600 block of S. Kelly Avenue, KOCO.com reported.

Responding emergency crews arrived at the business and found four people suffering from thermal burns. The injured victims were taken to a local hospital, where three currently remain. One person is being held in the intensive care unit with third-degree burns, while another is being treated for second-degree burns to the hands and face and a third person is being treated for undisclosed injuries.

The identities of the injured are being withheld at this time.

Fire officials revealed that a polymer dust came into contact with a flame inside a space heater, sparking a dust explosion accompanied with a quick fireball.

Investigations into the workplace explosion are ongoing.

Tuboscope designs, manufactures and supplies parts used in oil and gas drilling.

Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Oklahoma personal injury lawyers.

Media Information:

Address:
Phone: 561-247-1646
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News

About the Author vision