12/15/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Clearwater, FL — Carbon monoxide found inside a Clearwater ice skating rink is to blame for why over 20 children and adults fell ill Wednesday afternoon, December 14, 2011 at the Clear Water Ice Arena, Fox News reports.
The dangerous carbon monoxide fumes were discovered after some children started feeling light headed. Parents and staff were also reportedly affected by the fumes.
Responding emergency crews rushed one 9-year-old child to Tampa General Hospital, while four other patients were transported by ambulance to area hospitals. Sixteen others were being evaluated at the arena by medical staff.
Officials believe a malfunctioning natural gas dehumidifier was the source of the fumes.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that can be toxic to humans and animals in high concentrations.
An investigation into the cause of the carbon monoxide fumes is underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Florida personal injury lawyers.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News