Electrical Explosion at Naples Bay Resort Injures 1

12/15/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley

Naples, FL — An electrical explosion at the Naples Bay Resort injured one person, and led to the evacuation of 44 people on Thursday, December 15, 2011. The explosion occurred just before 9 a.m. at the resort located at 1500 5th Avenue South, News-Press reports.

A Vangard Utility Services electrician was reportedly installing a new FPL Smart Meter in the second floor meter room when an electrical fault and arc occurred, creating a fireball.

When firefighters arrived smoke was reportedly seen coming from the second floor of the three-story building.

The fireball severly burned the 45-year-old electricians face and right side of his upper body, shoulder, chest and arm.

Collier County EMS rushed the man to NCH Downtown for treatment of his serious burns. Firefighters say that he sustained first, second and possibly some third degree charring in the explosion.

Electrical arcs can reportedly create temperatures in the range of 6,000 to 8,000 degrees, and can cause burns to anyone within an approximate 10-foot range, Naples Fire Chief Stephen McInerny said to News-Press.

Officials evacuated 24 hotel guests and 20 employees from the hotel.

The electrical explosion and fire are under investigation.

Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Florida workplace accident lawyers.

Media Information:

Address:
Phone: 561-247-1646
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News

About the Author vision