Department of Labor Oversees Enforcement of Many Laws
The United States Department of Labor administers and enforces more than 180 federal laws that cover workplace activities for approximately 10 million employers and 125 million workers.
A few of the most commonly applied laws administered by the Department of Labor include:
• Fair Labor Standards Act. This law prescribes standards for wages and overtime pay and applies to most private and public employers.
• Occupational Safety and Health Act. This law regulates safety and health conditions in most private industries.
• Federal Employees’ Compensation Act. This law establishes a workers’ compensation program to pay for the disability or death of a federal employee resulting from injuries sustained while at work.
• Employee Retirement Income Security Act. This law regulates employers who offer pension or welfare benefit plans to their employees.
• Family and Medical Leave Act. This law requires certain employers to give eligible employees unpaid, job-protected leave for the birth or adoption of a child or for the serious illness of the employee or the employee’s spouse, child, or parent.
To speak to a Dallas, Texas employment lawyer about a particular employment-related federal statute or about an employment-related legal problem, contact the employment law attorneys at Clouse Dunn LLP at [email protected].
Press Release Contact Information:
KEITH A. CLOUSE
Clouse Dunn LLP
214.220.3833 ( fax)