Pennsauken House Fire, Explosion Injures 8 Firefighters, EMT
11/22/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Pennsauken Township, NJ — A basement explosion and early morning house fire left nine people injured, which included eight firefighters and an emergency medical technician on Monday, November 21, 2011. The fire broke out at a home in the 2500 block of 42nd Street around 4:40 a.m., reported the Courier-Post.
The residential fire in the basement involved the release of natural gas from the regular service gas line, which resulted in a gas explosion that caused significant structural and interior damage to the home.
When the blast occurred, there were reportedly seven of the injured victims inside the home.
The eight firefighters and the EMT were taken to Copper University Hospital and Camden for treatment of minor burns or bruises. By that afternoon, all nine victims were treated and released.
Public Service Electric & Gas Co. claims there was no gas leak present at that address.
Investigations into the fire and subsequent explosion are underway.
The Camden County American Red Cross is assisting the four adults and two children who were living in the home.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New Jersey firefighter injury lawyers.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News