10/01/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Orlando, FL — The cause of death of the University of Central Florida freshman who was found unresponsive in her on-campus residence has been revealed. Anne Hefferin was found unresponsive by her roommates after attending a fraternity party early Thursday, August 25, 2011, reported the Miami Herald.
According to the Orange-Osceola chief medical examiner, Jan Garavaglia, Hefferin died from sepsis syndrome, which is a rare but serious bacterial infection.
Caffeine and trace amounts of alcohol were also detected in her bloodstream.
The Orlando Sentinel reported that Garavaglia stated that it is still unclear how Hefferin became ill with the sepsis syndrome.
UCF student and Delta Delta Delta new member, Ann Marie Hefferin, was found by her roommates in her on-campus residence at around 4 a.m. Upon finding her, they called 911 and began administering CPR until UCF police arrived at the scene. Responding emergency crews rushed the freshman student to Florida Hospital East at around 4:30 a.m., where they pronounced her dead, as previously reported in “UCF Student Found Dead in On-Campus Residence.”
Since the death, Tri-Delta and Sigma Chi, the fraternity who held the party, have been put on probation for failing to prevent underage drinking. UCF students have also voted to adopt a policy, which encourages students to report alcohol-related emergencies, the Miami Herald reported.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Florida personal injury lawyers.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News