Dallas, Texas Employment Law Specialist Highlights Key Federal Discrimination Laws
Keith Clouse, a Dallas, Texas employment law specialist who has practiced employment law for more than twenty years, highlights the key federal discrimination laws that apply to most private employers.
The key federal discrimination laws that apply to most private employers include:
• Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin;
• Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967: prohibits employment discrimination based on an individual’s age (applies to workers who are at least 40 years old);
• Equal Pay Act of 1963: prohibits sex-based wage discrimination against workers who perform equal work in the same establishment;
• Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990: prohibits employment discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities; and
• Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008: prohibits employment discrimination based on genetic information against an applicant or employee.
While all of these federal statutes prohibit employment discrimination, the specific prohibitions and the remedies available under each law differ considerably. To speak with Mr. Clouse or another employment law specialist about employment discrimination under these federal laws or about a different employment law issue, contact the Dallas, Texas employment lawyers at Clouse Dunn LLP at [email protected].
Press Release Contact Information:
KEITH A. CLOUSE
Clouse Dunn LLP
214.220.3833 ( fax)