09/19/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Moline, IL — About 36,500 John Deere X300, X300R and X304 series tractors powered by Kawasaki engines have been voluntarily recalled by Deere & Company and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) for fire and serious injury risks. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on September 16, 2011.
The recall was issued after discovering that the cooling fan installed on top of the front mounted Kawasaki engine can break. If the fan fails to operate, the engine can overheat causing the surrounding plastic to melt. This can result in a fire and serious injury hazard to consumers.
The CPSC reported, “This recall involves John Deere X300, X300R and X304 Select Series™ Lawn Tractors with Kawasaki FS541V engines manufactured between September 20, 2010 and July 21, 2011 within the following serial number ranges listed below. The model number is on both sides of the tractor hood, and the serial number can be found on the machine frame near the front right tire.”
The serial numbers include:
• 1M0X300B++M180001 thru 1M0X300B++M180600
• 1M0X300C++M180001 thru 1M0X300C++M208330
• 1M0X300E++M180001 thru 1M0X300E++M180718
• 1M0X300F++M180001 thru 1M0X300F++M180888
• 1M0X300G++M180001 thru 1M0X300G++M183700
• 1M0X300H++M180001 thru 1M0X300H++M180145
• 1M0X300J++M180001 thru 1M0X300J++M180106
• 1M0X304A++M180001 thru 1M0X304A++M184936
• 1M0X304B++M180001 thru 1M0X304B++M180696
• 1M0X304C++M180001 thru 1M0X304C++M180054
Consumers are advised to contact a John Deere dealer to receive a replacement engine cooling fan. All known customers are being directly contacted by John Deere.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact Deere & Company at (800) 537-8233 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturdays ET or visit www.johndeere.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News