08/11/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Somerset, NJ (Product liability lawyers) — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Philips Lighting Company announced a recall on approximately 1.86 million EnergySaver aka Marathon or Marathon Classic Compact Fluorescent Dimmable Reflector lamps for laceration hazards the product poses. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on August 11, 2011.
The nationwide product recall was issued after discovering that the glue that attaches the glass outer envelope or globe to the body of the lamp can fail, which allows the glass outer envelope to fall and strike persons and objects below. This poses a laceration hazard to consumers.
Philips has been notified of two reports of people sustaining minor injuries, as well as property damage as a result of the defective product.
The CPSC reported that this recall involves Philips EnergySaver, a/k/a Marathon and Marathon Classic Compact Fluorescent dimmable reflector lamps, models R30, R40 and PAR 38 manufactured between March 2007 and May 2010. The following are the model numbers and Universal Product Code (UPC) numbers of the lamps included in this recall:
• Product: EnergySaver (a/k/a Marathon or Marathon Classic) Dimmable R30 Reflector Flood
• Model Number: EL/A R30 Dim 16w
• UPC: 46677 13 7076 and 46677 15 0419
• Product: EnergySaver (a/k/a Marathon or Marathon Classic) Dimmable R40 Reflector Flood
• Model Number: EL/A R40 Dim 20w
• UPC: 46677 13 7083 and 46677 15 0426
• Product: EnergySaver (a/k/a Marathon or Marathon Classic) Dimmable Par38 Reflector Flood
• Model Number: EL/A Par38 Dim 20w
• UPC: 46677 14 6443 and 46677 15 0433
Consumers are advised to Philips for instructions on how to receive a free replacement lamp.
For more information about the product recall, consumers can contact Philips toll-free at (866) 622-6372 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.recall.philips.com/en_us.html.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News