04/19/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Chicago, IL — Yet another child has allegedly been served an alcoholic beverage while dining out. This time a 4-year-old girl consumed an alcoholic beverage at a Chili’s restaurant located at 1750 W. 119th St. in the Morgan Park neighborhood around 5:30 p.m. Sunday, reported CBS.
According to Tyree Davis, the mother of the 4-year-old Brooklynn Morris, her daughter’s drink was mixed up with an alcoholic drink, called a mudslide.
Davis claims her daughter drank from the cocktail three or four times, when Brooklynn told her that she didn’t like it. Davis tried the drink and noticed that it contained alcohol.
“That’s when I saw the waitress approaching me with the chocolate shake,” Davis said to CBS. “How can you make that mistake? And then the manager said they were sitting on the bar side-by-side – the chocolate shake and the mudslide.”
Davis subsequently called police, who instructed her to take her daughter to the emergency room because she was dozing off.
“While we were at the hospital, they said that her chest was tight. They called respiratory; they came down and gave her a breathing treatment. Since we’ve been home, she did vomit,” Davis told CBS.
Brooklynn was diagnosed with alcohol ingestion overdose at Metro South Medical Center in Blue Island.
But, Chili’s gave a different story to how the drinks were served.
CBS reported that the Chili’s parent company sent the following response:
“At ERJ Dining, the health and safety of our guests is always our top priority. Yesterday evening, upon being notified of this incident, our local management team reached out to and spoke with Ms. Davis.”
• Our managers, bartenders and servers all receive alcohol awareness training, and we hold them accountable for adhering to our policies and procedures. We take the responsibility to serve alcohol to our guests very seriously and, as such, we have checks and balances in place as far as containers in which we serve alcoholic and kids’ drinks. We’ll immediately be re-emphasizing our policies and procedures to our team members.
• We take claims such as this one seriously and we have begun a formal and thorough investigation.
• Initial findings in our investigation reveal conflicting details of how this story is being reported and what occurred in our restaurant. The drink in question was served to an adult, in glass barware, not to a child or in a kids’ cup.
• To our knowledge, Ms. Davis and her daughter ordered a kids’ drink (red fruit punch) and a chocolate shake. The fruit punch beverage was served to Brooklynn in a plastic kid cup with a lid and straw. The beverage Ms. Davis received was served in glass barware.
Investigations are ongoing.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News