Chicago Hospital Sued for Giving Fatal Medication Dosage to Infant
04/06/2011 // Greensboro, NC, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Chicago, IL — The parents of a six-week-old boy who died after he was given a lethal dose of medication has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the suburban Chicago hospital. The baby died after the staff at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge administered intravenous medication 60 times the prescribed dosage, reported My Fox Chicago.
Six-week-old Genesis was born prematurely, but his family claims he was making progress until he was given the medication. Genesis was given an overdose of sodium, which caused his heart to stop beating.
Lutheran General did admit to giving the infant the wrong dosage of medication by mistake.
The wrongful death lawsuit is seeking “full and fair” compensation for the hospital’s negligence, which led to Genesis’ death.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Illinois wrongful death lawyers.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News