30 hospitalized from chemical fumes at Blue Island middle school

03/21/2011 // Greensboro, NC, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley

Blue Island, IL— Chemical fumes seeped through a middle school, sickening 30 people on Thursday, March 17, 2011. The hazardous materials alarm was sounded at Paul Revere Intermediate School, located at 12331 Gregory St. in Blue Island around noon, reported CBS Chicago.

According to officials, the chemicals were accidentally mixed in a utility closet at the middle school, which then made its way through the ventilation system and subsequently made people sick.

“We know there was some bleach. We know there was some Drano, or drain cleaner,” Blue Island Mayor Don Peloquin told WBBM Newsradio 780?s.

Responding emergency medical crews transported 30 people, including 22 students and 8 children, to local hospitals after becoming sickened from the fumes.

Officials transported all students who weren’t taken to the hospital to Paul Revere Primary School.

Investigations into the incident are underway.

Parents with questions should call 708-489-3533.

Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Illinois personal injury lawyers.

Media Information:

Address:
Phone: 561-247-1646
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News