03/03/2011 // Greensboro, NC, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Philadelphia, PA—A high-rise fire in North Philadelphia injured 10 firefighters and injured three residents Wednesday morning, March 2, 2011. The blaze ignited at around 5:45 a.m., in the eight floor apartment of a Philadelphia Housing Authority building located at 24th and Jefferson Streets, as reported by CBS Philly.
According to authorities, five-year veteran firefighter Michael McGuire, 40, sustained serious injuries when he ran out of oxygen while battling the fire and had to be rescued by fellow firefighters.
McGuire was rushed to Hahnemann University Hospital University Hospital, where he was later transferred to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for further treatment. He is currently in critical, but stable condition.
The nine other injured firefighters reportedly sustained non-life-threatening injuries. Several victims have been treated and released.
The three injured residents were transported to Temple University Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.
At this time fire officials believe the fire was caused from a non-permanent electrical wiring described as an extension cord. Investigations are underway.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News