02/24/2011 // Greensboro, NC, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Boise, ID– About 337,000 B.O.B.® single and double strollers in the United States and 20,000 strollers in Canada were voluntarily recalled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Health Canada and B.O.B. Trailers Inc., for strangulation hazards the product poses. The CPSC announced the product recall on February 23, 2011.
The product recall was initiated after discovering that the drawstring on the stroller can get wrapped around a child’s neck, which poses a strangulation hazard to the child.
“This recall involves the following 11 models of B.O.B.® single and double strollers. The name ‘B.O.B’ appears on the cargo basket under the stroller and on the front of the stroller. All of the recalled strollers have a yellow/orange drawstring at the rear of the canopy which is used to gather loose fabric when the canopy is pulled back. Strollers have the serial number either stamped in the frame or on a white label located on the stroller’s rear right leg,” reported the CPSC.
Strollers involved in the recall include:
• Sport Utility Stroller- Serial # ranges: 12362 – 35107 AA00001 – AA025490
• Sport Utility Stroller D’Lux- Serial # ranges: 12362 – 35107 AB000001 – AB007940
• Ironman®- Serial # ranges: 800000 – 803700 AC000001- AC027923
• Sport Utility Duallie- Serial # ranges: 002001 – 008068 AD000001 – AD011252
• Ironman® Duallie- Serial # ranges: AE000001 – AE008909
• Revolution- Serial # ranges: AF000001 – AF189112
• Revolution 12” – Serial # ranges: AF000001 – AF189112
• Stroller Strides®- Serial # ranges: AG000001 – AG011163
• Revolution Duallie- Serial # ranges: AH000001 – AH072921
• Revolution Duallie12” – Serial # ranges: AL000001 – AL012657
• Stroller Strides® Duallie- Serial # ranges: AM000001 – AM003229
Consumers are advised to remove the drawstrings and contact B.O.B. Trailers for a free canopy retrofit kit.
For more information concerning the recall or to order a canopy retrofit kit, consumers can contact B.O.B. Trailers at (855) 242-2245 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. MT Monday through Friday, or visit their website at www.bobcanopy.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability attorneys.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News