12/22/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Denver, CO—The Denver coroner’s office determined the death of the 1-year-old boy, who was being watched at an in-home daycare on Nov. 4, was caused by strangulation by a wooden and wire toy. The young child was strangled at the daycare, located at 4332 Ceylon St., as reported by The DenverChannel.com.
The 17-month-old infant, Jeremiah James Sanders, was reportedly eating in a high chair, when the daycare provider, Dammi Seneviratne, left the room and returned to find him “slumped over in his high chair and unresponsive.”
When emergency crews arrived at the scene, they discovered that the boy was not breathing, and rushed him to Children’s Hospital in Aurora. Jeremiah was pronounced dead 30 minutes after arriving.
The coroner’s office believes his death came from a wooden and wire toy that was in the home.
Doctors noted that Jeremiah had ligature marks on his neck and upper chest, and were led to believe the child was “left alone and unattended for more than one minute.”
The coroner’s office ruled the death as an accident.
The Denver police department turned the case over to the district attorneys office, who will review the case and determine if any charges will be filed.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Colorado personal injury lawyers.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News