Thomasville NC Man Dies After Suffering Severe Burns in Mobile Home Fire

11/30/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, US // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan

Thomasville, NC—A Thomasville man died at an area hospital Monday, Nov. 29, 2010, just one day after he suffered severe burns in a residential fire. According to information provided by WGHP, the victim mistakenly thought one of his three kids were trapped inside the blazing mobile home, spurring him to run back inside.

Authorities from the Randolph County Fire Marshal’s office allegedly stated the fire was sparked in a mobile home at approximately 9:15 p.m. Sunday.

Although the family that lived in the mobile home, located at 6867 Wright Road, managed to call 911, the inferno quickly grew out of hand.

Reports indicated a man, 26-year-old Jason Powers; an unidentified woman, believed to be Powers’ girlfriend; and three children were inside at the time. While they all initially managed to escape the flames, the father of the kids apparently believed one of them was still inside.

In an attempt to save his child, who had already managed to find safety outside the burning trailer, Powers subsequently stormed back inside. A neighbor was credited with getting him back out.

Emergency medical services (EMS) personnel rushed to the scene of the mobile home fire and airlifted Powers to the burn unit at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. His injuries proved fatal the following day.

Powers leaves behind a girlfriend and three children.

Officials are expected to conduct a full probe into the deadly Thomasville blaze.

Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan– Legal News for North Carolina Personal Injury Lawyers.

Media Information:

Phone: (866) 598-1315
Url: Sandra Quinlan: West Palm Beach Injury News