11/29/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Long Island, NY– Two window washers are in severe shock after they were electrocuted by a 33,000-volt power line. A 40-foot pole the men were holding was blown into the power line at a Bank of America, located at 300 Merrick Road in Lynbrook on Saturday, November 27, 2010, according to LIHerald.com.
Police officials reported that the two Hewlett Window Cleaners were preparing to wash the third story windows of the Bank of America, when a 40-foot washing pole, which had a brush attached to one end, was blown by a gust of wind into the power line, electrocuting them both.
Alan Weinberg, 64, of Long Beach was holding the pole at the top of a ladder as Nicholas Genovese, 58, of Staten Island, was standing on the ground holding the other end. A gust of wind blew the pole, sending electricity throughout the pole and causing both men to fall to the ground.
Lynbrook officer Doug King and NCPD Detective Gary Ferrucci began CPR on Weinberg, who was in cardiac arrest. When Lynbrook firefighters arrived, they continued CPR on Weinberg, who had no pulse. After 20 minutes and the third shock of the defibrillator, Weinberg was finally revived and transported to South Nassau Communities Hospital in critical condition. He was stabilized and then transported to Nassau University Medical Center Burn Unit for treatment of second and third degree burns on his hands and feet.
Genovese also sustained burns, but was conscious. Genovese was taken to Nassau University Medical Center Burn Unit as well, where he is being treated for second and third degree burns. He is reportedly in stable condition.
It is unknown if the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the work-related accident.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York work-related accident lawyers.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News