Wheat Ridge CO Teen Injured From Playing “The Choking Game” at School

11/19/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley

Wheat Ridge, CO—A 13-year-old was rushed to the hospital after participating in the dangerous game called, “The Choking Game.” The girl and three of her friends played the potentially deadly game in the bathroom during lunch at Everitt Middle School, as reported by KDVR.

Gabrielle Abuzahra broke her left eye socket, fractured her sinus bone, sustained a concussion and required seven stitches as a result of playing the game. “My friend choked me until I passed out. I fell flat on the floor,” said Abuzahra.

Gabrielle’s mom stated that two of her friends were given in-school suspensions, and the other two were given out of school suspensions. Gabrielle will also receive a similar punishment when she returns to school.

“The Choking Game” is a worldwide problem, and has caused 82 deaths in the last 15 years. Kids play the game in order to receive an alleged “euphoric high” as a result of cutting oxygen off to the brain.

Parents should look for the warning signs: red eyes, marks around their throat, and severe headaches; in addition to belts, ropes and leashes tied in knots in unusual locations.

The Wheat Ridge police are investigating the incident and are looking into possible criminal charges.

Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Colorado personal injury lawyers.

Media Information:

Address:
Phone: 561-247-1646
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News