California Teen Uses a Boxflex to Play ‘The Choking Game;’ Dies

09/28/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley

Nevada City, CA— Yet another teen has sadly died as a result of playing the dangerous “Choking Game,” which has gained popularity thought the country. The family of the 16-year-old victim says that they believe he had been playing the deadly game, before he was found in a lifeless state on Sunday, September 26, 2010, as reported by AOLNews.com and The Union.

The 16-year-old teenager, Justin Butler, was reportedly hanging out with his friend while watching football and doing homework. When Justin’s friend left the room, he reportedly decided to put his neck into a strap, which was fixed to the Bowflex, in order to choke himself.

When Justin’s parents found him, he was unconscious and entangled in the exercise equipment. They performed CPR, in hopes of reviving him, but their efforts was not successful. Justin sadly passed away on Monday.

Justin’s friends admitted to his parents that they had played the deadly game before.

“The Choking Game” also goes by Hangman, Elevator, Tap Out and Flatliner. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 80 children and teens have died as a result of the game from 1995 to 2007. Teens participate in this game to get a “high” by making themselves pass out. They typically use a noose or a rope to reach the “high,” which is caused by cutting off oxygen to the brain.

Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for California personal injury lawyers.

Media Information:

Address:
Phone: 561-247-1646
Url: http://NicoleHowley.visionsmartnews.com/california-teen-uses-a-boxflex-to-play-the-choking-game-dies_2582.html