09/02/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Tacoma, WA– About 700 swing sets have been voluntarily recalled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Kompan Inc. and BigToys Inc. The recall was initiated over a fall hazard the swing sets pose on September 1, 2010.
The recall was issued after discovering that the joint connection between the horizontal top beam and the vertical end bracket and support post system can crack and break. The hazard poses a fall and impact risk to users.
According to the CPSC, “The recalled swing sets include the ‘To Fro’ models listed below with any numbers in the series of model number codes listed. For example, for the first entry, S1-8, all single bay, 8 foot swings beginning with the model number S1-8 would be included in the recall. Kompan has not manufactured the swing since December 31, 2003 and has not sold it since December 31, 2008.”
The swing sets involved in the recall include:
• Single bay, 8 foot swing- Model #: S1-8X-XX
• Single bay, 10 foot swing: Model #: S1-10X-XX
• 2 bay, 8 foot swing: Model #: S2-8X-XX
• 2 bay, 10 foot swing: Model #: S2-10X-XX
• 3 bay, 8 foot swing: Model #: S3-8X-XX
• 3 bay, 10 foot swing: Model #: S3-10X-XX
• 4 bay, 8 foot swing: Model #: S4-8X-XX
• 4 bay, 10 foot swing: Model #: S4-10X-XX
• 5 bay, 8 foot swing: Model #: S5-8X-XX
• 5 bay, 10 foot swing: Model #: S5-10X-XX
The swing sets sold for abut $700-$3,250 from January 1998 to December 31, 2008.
For more information, consumers can contact Kompan representative Joedi Rice at (800) 624-4869 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, visit their website at www.kompan.com, or e-mail the firm at [email protected]
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability attorneys.