08/19/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Costa Mesa, CA– The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and White Cap Construction Supply Inc. have voluntarily recalled about 15,000 hickory handle sledge hammers. The CPSC announced the recall on August 18, 2010 over an injury risk the hammers pose.
The recall was initiated after discovering that the head of the sledge hammer can loosen and ultimately detach, posing an impact injury risk to consumers.
No injuries or incidents have been reported in connection will the recalled hammers.
The CPSC reported, “This recall involves Brigade sledge hammers with a hickory wood handle. There are 11 models included in this recall, ranging in size from 2 to 20 lbs. A green and white label with the word ‘Brigade’ and the model name is affixed to the head of the sledge hammer, and ‘Genuine Hickory’ is printed on the handle. Model and UPC information are printed on the label.”
The recalled hammers include:
• 8LB 36 double Face Sledge Hammer- Model 444BR10675- UPC 847044060535.
• 12LB 36 Double Face Sledge Hammer- Model 444BR10677- UPC 847044060559.
• 4LB 16 Engineers Hammer- Model 444BR10685- UPC 847044060634.
• 16LB 36 Double Face Sledge Hammer- Model 444BR10678- UPC 847044060566.
• 20LB 36 Double Face Sledge Hammer- Model 444BR10679- UPC 847044060573.
• 4LB 10-1/2 Drilling Hammer- Model 444BR10688- UPC 847044060665.
• 3LB 10-1/2 Drilling Hammer- Model 444BR10687- UPC 847044060658.
• 6LB 36 Double Face Sledge Hammer- Model 444BR10674- UPC 847044060528.
• 10LB 36 Double Face Sledge Hammer- Model 444BR10676- UPC 847044060542.
• 2LB 10-1/2 Drilling Hammer- Model 444BR10686- UPC 847044060641.
• 3LB 16 Engineers Hammer- Model 444BR10684- UPC 847044060627.
The recalled hammers were sold at White Cap Construction Supply distributors across the U.S. from April 2009 through May 2010. The sledge hammers were sold between $12 and $47.
Consumers are advised to return the hammers to White Cap Construction Supply to receive a full refund.
For more information, consumers can contact White Cap Construction Supply toll-free at (877) 281-4831 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or visit their website at www.whitecap.com.