Kansas City apartment fire: 2-alarm fire kills toddler, seriously injured 3
05/25/2010 // West Palm Beach, Florida, USA // Nicole Howley // Nicole Howley
Kansas City, MO—A toddler was tragically killed in a two-alarm apartment fire in the northwest side of Kansas City. Firefighters rushed to the burning building after receiving an emergency call around 11 a.m., that a fire broke out at 611 Prospect Avenue, as reported by KMBC.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, they were met with a massive fire and plume of smoke climbing in the air, which so big that it could be seen for miles.
Two adults and two children reportedly suffered smoke inhalation and burns from the blaze, according to fire officials. The toddler was rushed to area hospital for treatment of life-threatening injuries, but tragically succumbed to his/her injuries and died at the hospital.
An infant was also pulled from the burning building, and was rushed to a hospital in critical condition. The two adults were rushed to the hospital as well, where they are being treated for serious injuries.
By 11:34 a.m. firefighters had gotten the fire under control. Fire investigators believe the fire ignited in an apartment located in the north end of the building. It is currently unknown what sparked the fire.
The building apparently houses a business on the first floor and has apartments on the second floor.
The fire is still under investigation.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Missouri personal injury attorneys.