Legal News for Wisconsin Personal Injury Attorneys. A fire that broke out in a restaurant left residents above the business displaced.
Wisconsin personal injury attorney alerts- Firefighters suffered injuries in blaze.
Delavan, WI (News)—A blaze broke out at a Mulligan’s Sports Pub and Grill, injuring eight firefighters on Friday, March 5, 2010. The fire was ignited prior to 1 p.m., reported Gazettextra.com.
According to statements by the bartender Joe Vitacca, a grease fire in the kitchen of the restaurant reportedly got out of control, prompting the inferno. Reports also noted that an apartment unit was located above the pub, in which four people, including two young children, resided. Thankfully, the bartender warned the family of the blaze and they were able to make it out safely. In regards to the incident, the apartment’s tenant, identified as Michael York, apparently stated, “When I came downstairs to open the door, I couldn’t see anything…It was completely smoke.” Their home and the business, on the other hand, were completely destroyed in the fire. A few customers, who were also reported eating in restaurant at the time, were evacuated by responding police officials.
Lake Geneva firefighters were dispatched to the scene to combat the flames, which took until approximately 5 p.m. to contain it. Reports also noted that eight firefighters suffered non-life threatening injuries when the “bucket truck they were on came in contact with power lines while visibility was obscured by the thick smoke”. One of the injured fire fighters was expected to be taken to a burn unit to be treated for serious burns acquired in the blaze. No charges have been filed in connection with the fire as of yet. Investigations continue.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Wisconsin Personal Injury Lawyers.