Explosion at Manchester, OH repair/towing garage left father, son dead

Legal News for Ohio Personal Injury Attorneys. Two men were fatally injured in a work-place explosion and flash fire.

Ohio personal injury lawyer alerts- Manchester Police and firefighters responded to scene of fatal explosion and flash fire.

Manchester, OH (News)—A father and son were tragically killed in an explosion at a tow and repair shop, owned by one of the men, on Wednesday, February 17, 2010. The blast rocked Morgan’s Garage, also known as Affordable Towing, which is located in the 500 block of Second Street at approximately 12:45 p.m., according to information provided by Maysville-Online.com and WLWT.com.

Manchester Police Chief Randy Walter responded to the scene of the explosion where his father-in-law, 37-year-old Tony Morgan, the owner of the repair garage, was killed in the blast. Upon hearing preliminary reports of the blast, Walter reportedly stated, “This is my father-in-law’s business, and I know he could be at the business working… Not real easy but somebody has to do it. Gives you a little more drive when it’s one of your own.”

Tony and his father, 58-year-old Ronnie Morgan, were allegedly repairing a customers’ gas tank when the fatal explosion occurred. A gas stove in the garage seemingly ignited the gasoline fumes, causing the initial explosion. A flash fire started as a result of the initial explosion. The Adams County Deputy Coroner pronounced both Tony and Ronnie Morgan dead at the scene. The fatal blast and fire were reportedly deemed accidental, though the cause was still questionable and investigations were pending. Firefighters at the scene allegedly noted that since January 1, 2010, there have been 27 fire-inflicted fatalities reported.

Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Ohio Personal Injury Lawyers.