Three-alarm fire injured 2 Modesto firefighters

Legal news for California personal injury attorneys. A blaze caused the roof of a home to collapse, injuring two firefighters.

California personal injury attorneys alerts- Two Modesto firefighters were injured while battling a three-alarm fire.

Modesto, CA—A three-alarm fire sparked by a gas-powered generator in a home’s garage injured two Modesto firefighters, when the roof of the burning home collapsed. The blaze ignited on Friday night, January 1, 2010, as reported by the San Jose Mercury News.

The Modesto Fire Battalion reported that the home did not have electricity running to the residence; instead they were using a gas-powered generator to supply the home with power. As one of the family members attempted to refill the generator with fuel, she dropped the candle she was using for light, which ignited the blaze. The woman and her two children, who were living at the house, managed to escape the blaze without injuries. Two firefighters who responded the fire, were extinguishing the blaze on the roof when the roof collapsed. Engineer James Adams sustain burns to 40 percent of his body, while firefighter Jason Clevenger suffered burns to 10 percent of his body. Adams was rushed to UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento for treatment of his burns. Clevenger was taken to Doctors Medical Center in Modesto for treatment by doctors and nurses. Officials are investigating the structure of the house to determine if any structural problems contributed the roof collapse.

Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for California personal injury lawyers.

About the Author Nicole