Legal news for Colorado personal injury attorneys. Two firefighters were injured while battling a fire in sub-zero temperatures.
Colorado personal injury attorneys alerts- A Franktown house fire injured two firefighters.
Boulder, CO—Two firefighters and a citizen were injured while battling a house fire in sub-zero temperatures. A house fire broke out around 2:14 a.m., at 9344 E. State Highway 86 in Franktown, on Wednesday, December 9, 2009, as reported by TheDenverChannel.com.
The Franktown Fire Department rushed to the scene to extinguish the blazing house fire in Franktown near Nederland. Three adults reportedly managed to escape the inferno, and were rescued by firefighters from their balcony. In addition, fire teams heroically rescued nine dogs from the burning house and certain death. While combating the fire, a firefighter was injured when he slipped from a ladder, which had accumulated a layer of ice in the sub-zero temperatures outside. Another firefighter also sustained a back injury while combating the fire. One of the rescued adults suffered smoke inhalation from the fire. It is unknown if the victim was transported to an area hospital for treatment of their smoke-related injuries. Officials stated the fire did not appear to be weather-related, but believe sparks from the fireplace may have been the cause. There was minimal visual damage to the outside structure of the home, but smoke and heat did leave heavy damage to the living room and kitchen. Fire officials are reportedly conducting a full investigation into the inferno.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Colorado personal injury lawyers.