California personal injury – 10 people hospitalized after inhaling chemical fumes during fire
Legal news for California personal injury attorneys. A small fire caused 10 people to become sick after inhaling chemical fumes.
California personal injury attorneys alerts- A fire sent 10 people to the hospital who inhaled chemical fumes.
Bakersfield, CA– A small fire at Primex Farms sent 10 people to the hospital after inhaling chemical fumes that were emitted from the small fire. The blaze broke out around 4:15 p.m., on Thursday, December 10, 2009, at the pistachio processing company located in the 16000 block of Wildwood Road near Wasco, as reported by Turnto23.com.
The Kern County Fire Department rushed to the scene to extinguish the small toxic blaze at Primex Farms. When fire crews arrived at the scene, they discovered several workers who were complaining of dizziness, nausea, and headaches. A total of 10 people were rushed by emergency medical services (EMS) teams to area hospitals for treatment of their illnesses caused by the chemical reaction. Their current conditions or extent of their injuries are not available at this time. Apparently stored fumigant used to kill rodents and pests at the processing company reacted with the rain, which ignited the small fire. The fire was quickly extinguished with the help of hand-held fire extinguishers and firefighters. The Hazardous Materials unit from Station 66 in Bakersfield assisted in determining if the product was safe. Police officials and fire officials are reportedly investigating the incident.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley- Legal news for California personal injury lawyers.