Electrical 277-volt shock seriously injured Tempe worker

Legal news for Arizona personal injury attorneys. A worker was shocked by a live wire and went into cardiac arrest.

Personal injury lawyers alert- A work-related accident killed an man in Arizona when he received an electrical shock while replacing florescent lights.

Phoenix, AZ—A worker was seriously injured after he was shocked with a 277-volt live wire in Tempe. The worker was apparently replacing florescent lights on Tuesday morning, December 1, 2009 around 10:30 a.m., at a parts manufacturer, Tube Specialties, near 52nd and 10th Streets, as reported by ABC15.

The Tempe Fire Department reported Mike Reichling, 54, was working with another worker, a 41-year-old man, on a scissor lift 20 feet in the air while they were replacing florescent lights when the accident occurred. Reichling somehow came into contact with a live 277-volt wire and was severely shocked. The intense electrical shock caused Reichling to go into cardiac arrest. Reichling was rushed by emergency medical services (EMS) teams to an area hospital, and is reportedly in critical condition. The other worker refused medical treatment at the scene by responding EMS professionals. Reichling is a subcontractor with Viking Electric Company. Police officials stated the men were on the fourth and final ballast, in which the men where working on, when the accident occurred. The Tempe Police and federal officials from the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) http://www.osha.gov/ are investigating the work-related accident.

Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Arizona personal injury lawyers.

About the Author Nicole