Nebraska man sues CW Sprouts when sickened by salmonella infected alfalfa sprouts.
Omaha, NE (JusticeNewsFlash.com)–Personal injury attorneys for Stephen Beumier, a 48 year-old Omaha, Nebraska man, filed a lawsuit on Tuesday in Douglas County District Court naming CW Sprouts Inc. As reported by Forbes, Beumier’s lawyers claim in court documents, he became sickened with Salmonella food poisoning when he ate SunSprout alfalfa products made by CW Sprouts.
CW Sprouts Inc., an Omaha Company, who grows locally and markets SunSprouts products grocery stores and restaurants, was linked, by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) http://www.hhs.state.ne.us/, to a Salmonella bacteria food poisoning outbreak. Two United States federal regulatory agencies have been involved in the food injury investigation, which has sickened people in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Colorado, and South Dakota. The lawsuit cites more than 121 confirmed Salmonella cases by investigators with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) www.fda.gov and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) www.cdc.gov.
Salmonella food poisoning can cause diarrhea, fever, vomiting, dehydration, abdominal pain which may require hospitalization for treatment of the bacteria and symptoms. Salmonella bacteria can cause death in infants, children, elderly and consumers with weakened immune systems.
JusticeNewsFlash.com news for Nebraska Salmonella injury claims.