Boston, MA, Thousands of individuals become victims of personal injuries caused by the negligence or wrongful acts of another every year. However, many of these victims have trouble finding a qualified attorney to handle their claim. Lawyers of all calibers have recommended steps a person can take in the event that they become an accident or injury victim. The top ranked Massachusetts based attorneys of The Shepard Law Firm have recently devised a list to distribute via the Internet to individuals seeking to better understand what to look for in a qualified personal injury attorney.
Commandments of Personal Injury Law
The Shepard Law Firm is seeking to assist personal injury victims by providing convenient methods for getting their questions answered. The attorneys have devised a list of commandments for choosing a personal injury attorney, in an effort to make important information accessible online. Mesothelioma patients, in particular, need to seek out qualified personal injury counsel. Therefore, the Shepard Law Firm attorneys recommend the following:
- Thou Shall Do Research- Researching an attorney’s qualifications is the most important step in deciding which one suits an individual’s needs. Lawyers have different areas of expertise, therefore making sure one practices in law pertaining to asbestos-related injuries is vital.
- Thou Shall Choose a Lawyer with Experience- Experienced attorneys have the ability to assess their client’s history to decide the best course of action for their individual case.
- Thou Shall Utilize the Services of a Qualified Attorney- Attorneys who have record of specifically dealing with mesothelioma cases are more knowledgeable about mesothelioma litigation than those with only standard personal injury claim experience.
- Thou Shall Seek Medical Attention as Soon as Possible- It is important to have a qualified physician provide both an accurate diagnosis of your medical condition and proper treatment if you are a victim of mesothelioma.
What Makes a Good Mesothelioma Lawyer?
The Shepard Law Firm has also outlined characteristics of a good mesothelioma attorney that they believe individuals should consider. From their perspective an individual should choose an attorney who:
Has a strong record of success litigating malignant mesothelioma cases.
- Has a record of recovering settlements for mesothelioma victims in particular.
- Is fully knowledgeable in laws pertaining to asbestos, the history of asbestos production, and most importantly, the medical, scientific and regulatory issues related to asbestos exposures over the past sixty years.
- Is trustworthy, dedicated, compassionate, and effective.
- Takes time to inform clients of their rights, and keeps them updated at every step in the process of trying their claim.
About The Shepard Law Firm – The Shepard Law Firm is a Boston-based firm that specializes in a variety of personal injury claims. Areas of practice include mesothelioma and other asbestos related injuries, accident injury, product liability, premises liability, and other personal injury cases. In addition to offering service in Massachusetts, the firm has recently extended its practice to offer assistance to victims living in New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island. The firm has recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for its clients, and treats every client with the care and attention that they deserve.
The firm provides a wealth of key information on their website for victims of mesothelioma and other types of personal injuries. By visiting http://www.shepardlawfirm.com, one can obtain information on the firm, as well as legal and other advice for taking care of a valid personal injury claim. The Shepard Law Firm also provides support on their website through free case evaluation and consultation.
The Shepard Firm – Serving clients in – Boston, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island- http://www.shepardlawfirm.com