Satan statue design unveiled by group seeking it placed at Oklahoma Capitol
01/08/2014 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Oklahoma – Early this week, a Satanic group unveiled a design for a statue it is seeking to have placed on the grounds of the Oklahoma state Capitol. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the New York-based Satanic Temple made a formal submission of its application to a panel that oversees the grounds of the Capitol on Monday.
A drawing was included in the application depicting Satan as Baphomet, a goat-headed figure with horns, wings and a long beard. The image is frequently used to symbolize the occult.
Temple spokesman Lucien Greaves is quoted by the AP as stating, “The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond… The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation.”
The Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission placed a moratorium on the consideration of new requests following the filing of a lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union to remove a privately funded Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol. The temple has argued that the authorization of the statue by the Oklahoma Legislature opened the door for placement of the statue it is seeking to have authorized.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Oklahoma Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- 700 workers to lose jobs at Ford due to slow sales
- Google accused of age discrimination in lawsuit
- Appeals court hears arguments in Obama immigration fight
- Christy Mack discusses alleged brutal attack by MMA fighter
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media