Satan statue design unveiled by group seeking it placed at Oklahoma Capitol
01/08/2014 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Oklahoma – Early this week, a Satanic group unveiled a design for a statue it is seeking to have placed on the grounds of the Oklahoma state Capitol. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the New York-based Satanic Temple made a formal submission of its application to a panel that oversees the grounds of the Capitol on Monday.
A drawing was included in the application depicting Satan as Baphomet, a goat-headed figure with horns, wings and a long beard. The image is frequently used to symbolize the occult.
Temple spokesman Lucien Greaves is quoted by the AP as stating, “The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond… The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation.”
The Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission placed a moratorium on the consideration of new requests following the filing of a lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union to remove a privately funded Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol. The temple has argued that the authorization of the statue by the Oklahoma Legislature opened the door for placement of the statue it is seeking to have authorized.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Oklahoma Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- White House: New sanctions to be imposed against Russia
- Mother of burglary suspect charged in case
- Kiefer Sutherland breaks silence on Freddie Prinze Jr. comments
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash
- New conspiracy charges for embattled California lawmaker
- Judge: Bring back firing squad executions
- Bose files suit against Beats over patents
- Sony agrees to preliminary settlement in class action case
- Fruit sold at Trader Joe’s, Costco, Ralphs recalled over Listeria scare