Satan statue design unveiled by group seeking it placed at Oklahoma Capitol
01/08/2014 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Oklahoma – Early this week, a Satanic group unveiled a design for a statue it is seeking to have placed on the grounds of the Oklahoma state Capitol. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the New York-based Satanic Temple made a formal submission of its application to a panel that oversees the grounds of the Capitol on Monday.
A drawing was included in the application depicting Satan as Baphomet, a goat-headed figure with horns, wings and a long beard. The image is frequently used to symbolize the occult.
Temple spokesman Lucien Greaves is quoted by the AP as stating, “The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond… The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation.”
The Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission placed a moratorium on the consideration of new requests following the filing of a lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union to remove a privately funded Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol. The temple has argued that the authorization of the statue by the Oklahoma Legislature opened the door for placement of the statue it is seeking to have authorized.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Oklahoma Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult
- ‘Modern Family’ actress dies at 55
- Padma Lakshmi splits from Richard Gere after months of dating
- Novelist apologizes for controversial remarks