Travelers across nation stranded by deep freeze
01/07/2014 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – Travelers across the country have been stranded as a result of the extreme cold weather. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the deep freeze has resulted in the delay of Amtrak trains, planes, and other modes of transportation, leaving many passengers stranded in various places miles short of their destination.
Early this week, three Amtrak trains carrying a combined 500 passengers became stuck in Illinois, stranding passengers overnight. They were eventually bused to safety by Amtrak officials.
Chris Smith, a passenger on one of the trains, is quoted by the AP as stating, “You hear those horror stories about the cars that stop in the snow and they freeze to death. I thought, ‘Oh God, this is going to happen, we’re going to be in blankets.”
A number of airlines and airports have been faced with challenges due to the weather as well. By late Tuesday afternoon, over a reported 2,500 flights were cancelled.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Chicago Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Navy nurse sent back to U.S. after refusing to force-feed hunger strikers
- Former Virginia governor to provide additional testimony in corruption trial
- Trial opens for woman accused of kidnapping, assaulting child
- Rick Perry adds sixth attorney to legal team
- Divorce announced for Elizabeth Vargas, husband amid rehab reports
- Nick Cannon confirms he and Mariah are separated
- Jodi Arias wins delay in penalty phase retrial
- Miley Cyrus concert gets banned over ‘morality’ issues
- Singer sued over concert ad artwork
- UPS Store affected by data breach