High school students arrested waiting for school bus
12/03/2013 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New Jersey – Three high school students from Edison were arrested last week and charged with disorderly conduct after reportedly being told by an officer to leave an area where they were waiting to be picked up. As reported by RochesterHomepage.net, the students pleaded not guilty in court on Wednesday in connection with the incident during which their basketball coach pleaded for their release.
The boys were with other team members reportedly waiting to be taken to a scrimmage, and met at the location where their coach had arranged to pick them up. The families of the students had to post bail of $200 in order to make sure they were released by Thanksgiving.
The boys were accused in a police report of obstructing, “pedestrian traffic while standing on a public sidewalk…preventing free passage of citizens walking by and attempting to enter and exit a store…Your complainant gave several lawful clear and concise orders for the group to disperse and leave the area without compliance.”
Their coach, Jacob Scott, says they did nothing wrong, and is quoted as stating of the incident, “It’s a catastrophe. These young men were doing nothing wrong, nothing wrong. They did exactly what they were supposed to do and still they get arrested… I’m speaking to the officers with dignity…and still and yet – they see me get treated like nothing.”
A trial date is scheduled for December 11.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – New Jersey Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man arrested on DUI suspicion after Jennifer Lopez crash
- Actress arrested for DUI suspicion while on probation
- High court meets to consider taking cases related to state gay marriage bans
- Judge delays BP oil spill medical claims ruling
- Satanist group wants materials passed out in schools
- Rancher says no proof cow linked to freeway accident was his
- Protective order sought in Adrian Peterson case
- Suspension recommended for judge who took free trip from attorney
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment