High school students arrested waiting for school bus
12/03/2013 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New Jersey – Three high school students from Edison were arrested last week and charged with disorderly conduct after reportedly being told by an officer to leave an area where they were waiting to be picked up. As reported by RochesterHomepage.net, the students pleaded not guilty in court on Wednesday in connection with the incident during which their basketball coach pleaded for their release.
The boys were with other team members reportedly waiting to be taken to a scrimmage, and met at the location where their coach had arranged to pick them up. The families of the students had to post bail of $200 in order to make sure they were released by Thanksgiving.
The boys were accused in a police report of obstructing, “pedestrian traffic while standing on a public sidewalk…preventing free passage of citizens walking by and attempting to enter and exit a store…Your complainant gave several lawful clear and concise orders for the group to disperse and leave the area without compliance.”
Their coach, Jacob Scott, says they did nothing wrong, and is quoted as stating of the incident, “It’s a catastrophe. These young men were doing nothing wrong, nothing wrong. They did exactly what they were supposed to do and still they get arrested… I’m speaking to the officers with dignity…and still and yet – they see me get treated like nothing.”
A trial date is scheduled for December 11.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – New Jersey Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Atheist jailed for parole violation wins settlement over religious objections
- City of Houston demands sermons from pastors
- Second nurse from Texas hospital found to have Ebola
- Investigation shows increase in traffic fatalities amid Texas fracking explosion
- Hospital nurses say no Ebola protocol in place where nurse contracted virus
- State throws out elementary school’s test results
- Charges filed against man in overdose of 9-year-old
- Phaedra Parks opens up about divorce, addresses rumors
- Marshawn Lynch accuser charged with making a false statement
- Human remains found on property of missing woman’s daughter