CPSC Recalls Burley Design Tailwind Racks for Trailercycles for Fall Risks
11/30/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, N.Y.—The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Health Canada and Burley Design has voluntarily recalled Tailwind bicycle racks for trailercycles due to fall hazards posed to consumers. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on November 26, 2013.
The bicycle racks were recalled after discovering that the portion of the rack that connects trailercycles to a towing bicycle can break, allowing the trailercycle to disconnect. This poses a fall hazard to consumers.
Burley has received one report of a minor leg injury in the U.S., and an instance of a broken leg in the U.K.
“The Tailwind Racks are used for hitching children’s trailercycles to adult size bicycles. The aluminum racks were sold individually, in black or silver, or with Kazoo or Piccolo brand trailercycles in black only. The individual racks have stock code numbers 939001 for black and 939002 for silver, which was printed on the original packaging. The racks have double side rails. Burley is printed on the curved back plate of the rack,” the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to contact Burley for a free replacement rack.
For more information concerning the nationwide product recall, consumers can contact Burley Design at (800) 311-5294 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or online at www.burley.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals
- IKEA Junior Beds Recalled For Laceration Hazards By CPSC, Health Canada
- Look Who’s Cookin’ In CT!